Tuesday, March 15, 2011

As it is written so shall it be done

So kids are picky. I have been told that. I have seen that, but Eli? Yes, maybe about somethings, but food? He has always loved to eat. He may be small, but he could put some food away. That is until recently.

Now, mostly he eats carbs. Cheerios by the bowl full. Potatoes, rice, toast, bagels, and just about anything that has flour in it.

We try to cover stuff and sneak good things into his food, but most of the time a table-side dissection is executed.

I don't know why I am writing in weird paragraph form.

So it looks like it is true what they say. We have a picky baby, or toddler. I just call him crazy boy. 

Eli is still drinking mama's milk. Down to two bottles a (work) day, both at naps. Bottle service is at nap time, more for my benefit than his. He goes down real well if he is all hopped up on milk. The timing works out well too. Some day we will have to give up the nap bottle, and you can bet Eli will not be the only one crying.

When I give a bottle most of the time we are lying down and snuggling. Eli on his right side, me on my left. Face to chest winding down. It is one of the best parts of my day. All made possible by his mama, I should add. When the bottle is empty he takes the bottle with his left hand, turns, and places the bottle as far back behind him as he can. It occurred to me today that this is exactly how I would dispose of the bottle in that situation. Content in THE proper disposal of the bottle he then turns back and throws himself into my chest. Within a minute he is asleep.

My boy is picky. So am I. He will love to eat at some point. Until then we will run on Cheerios.







No comments:

Post a Comment