Sunday, April 06, 2014

Part the second

I'm 39 weeks and 3 days and so freaking huge. I think I was the size I was when I gave birth to Eli about 3 or 4 weeks ago. The web of stretch marks she hath wrought is impressive if not terrifying. They're like the commemorative tattoo she's given me to remember my pregnancy with her by. Nothing fits. I wore a pair of maternity jeans to work the other day (instead of the tights or leggings I've been doing because I didn't think I could do another day in tights or leggings), and it nearly killed me. Won't be making that mistake again.

Her movements are much different than Eli's were. She's active all day long. Eli was most active when I went to bed. This could be a good sign. Maybe she'll sleep at night. She flips from side to side all the time. Eli hung out with his butt pressed up and under my ribs on the right side all the time. Her movements are visible from the outside quite frequently. That can be quite amusing for my co-workers during meetings.

I'm having an easier time sleeping at this stage than I did with Eli. Mostly it's because I've not forced myself to sleep every night all night on my left side, because she's not so crazy rowdy at night, and because we have a better mattress than we had before.

She likes sweets a lot. Particularly chocolate. It's totally a stereotype but true.  Favorites this time around include chocolate pudding, cookies, and apples with cheese on crackers. Also meat.

My immune system has been terrible. I got at least 4 bad colds including 2 really bad coughs this winter. Apparently that's a pregnancy thing.

We have crossed all of the nesting tasks off of the list. We have our hospital bag packed and Eli's overnight bag packed. I'm most stressed about how we're getting him properly shipped off when the time comes. Everybody says the second labor is shorter, and I just hope it all goes down while he's not already asleep and that we don't have to wake up his sitter in the middle of the night.

I'm due on April 11. My current prediction is that she'll come on April 15. That's a full moon, an eclipse, and a Tuesday. Apparently that's the most common day of the week to be born. I did have Eli on a Tuesday. Prepare to face a grumpy still-pregnant Emo on the 16th.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you have decided to start blogging again. I have missed hearing about your family. We'll be waiting to hear all about your new little girl.

    ReplyDelete