Monday, June 07, 2010

Eli the Human Claw Vending Machine

This weekend I went back to the master bedroom to check on Eli and Emo. Or is it Emo and Eli or  Elmo? (For the record I know that is not wight eglish.)  Elmo if you will will hole up in the morning and feed and sleep for hours. I have been told that I have to go back to see if anything is needed. Often Emo will get stuck with a sleeping baby and will need to pee. Maybe she will be hungry. Often both are just sleeping away.

When I went to go see what they were doing Eli looked up at me and yanked my glass's off my face. This was a first. Eli has held a few things and likes to hold on to my collar when in the Bjorn, but he has never just reached out and grab an object before. This time it made me happy. The next I will not think its so cute.

Today I walked Eli over to the counter and let his hand fall close to his binky. He picked it up all by himself! Life is funny. My boy can pick things up and I think its one of the coolest thing I have ever seen. In the long run this has to be a small milestone, but maybe that what life is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment